Sunday, May 6, 2012

Impermanence


Adidas15Kinabalu156

A soft breeze came in and touched my soul. I stopped breathing for a moment. Ever thought of that time when you can no longer run or when some circumstance has stopped you from doing what you love to do – running.


Bakun46DSC03979

I know I am not the same as yesterday. The strength, the power, the will may a little not as resilient as the days, years passed. Seeing this playing in my mind, is a rip from my soul. But a truth that I can’t run away from. Sooner or later it will happen. Frankly though, that thought of becoming one of those people who ‘used to run’, hurts. It’s appalling. I still refuse to be that. I love meeting the sunrise, being kissed by the morning sun, embraced by the wind and bathed by my own sweat. The roads, the mountains are my playground.


DSC00744DSC04523

Loving the runs that I do almost everyday and the races I took part in sized me up. A true humbling evaluation of who I am. Thankful that the roads were kind enough to my knees and feet, but I also had my own taste of cramps, blisters and dead toe nails, which I have all accepted as normal in my own Utopia.


Bromo64SRun139

I’ve never had a trip to the doctor due to injuries in running. Am I lucky? I don’t know. But I am thankful, very thankful. And I feel for those in that dilemma. Digesting stories about running injuries and long rehabilitation is revolting. Doctors telling their patients to take a break from running is usually an unwelcome route. Thus they find it difficult handling stubborn patients. But you can’t blame both. A rationale of each action is in every turn. It’s only a matter of time.


DSC0363226

If I were the patient, I would be as stubborn. But I would like to run longer, until I can no longer make a step. I know I cannot remain as I am, as I am not permanent. I will do what I can to have every moment of my running life last. To feel that same goosebumps as I go with the wind, to have that repeated sensation as my pain embraces my joy in all of my races, my feel-good runs. A convergence that is as almost as magical. I can never give up running.


DSC0251347

Tomorrow who knows what I’ll become. As the time ticks, it takes a way a fiber of me. It's inevitable. I would like to take it more as a beautiful transition to the next race, to the next stage of my existence. 


DSC04670Rr88

5 comments:

  1. very beautiful Rash. Love it, ran as long as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl salamat ha... oo takbo lang ng takbo, hanggat kaya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice reflection ... keep running, and don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you KC...yes let's keep running :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, i envy you for your passion and being fit. I wish I'll get the share of your discipline. :) Keep running, and always enjoy the journey :)

    valerie
    www.weekendhaven.com

    ReplyDelete